[3830] K8DX WPX CW SOHP 20M

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K8DX WPX CW SOHP 20M
From: ni8l@imperium.net (Scott Detloff, K8DX)
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 12:07:57 -0400 (EDT)
          CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: K8DX (EX NI8L)           Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator HP

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

     --------------------------------------

     20M       1738     4277   2.5      625  =   2,673,125   34hrs

Equipment Description:

TS940, Homebrew Amp, 5EL @ 50/ 100'

Was only looking at a casual operation this weekend so wasn't really
prepared.  Started the contest with 102, 97, and 97 hours.  Decided then
that this might be fun to do a little more serious.  My wife had other
plans for me, like getting everything ready for our baby that is due next
week!  Was at about 90% for the contest though, and operated more casual
than most, even taking 5 minute breaks for pit stops, and XYL checks.
Looks like I got smoked by KI1G, and then there were a lot of SB20 guys
close together in the heap after that.  New call was really fun to use, but
next
year I think I'll get a fancy 2X1 for my "Whipix Contest Club."   Its no fun
for those
guys when their tenth K8 calls.  See you next year in the all band category!

73...Scott K8DX

K8DX
Scott Detloff
12198 Georgetown Rd. NE