[3830] HB6FG/P Field Day results

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] HB6FG/P Field Day results
From: cedric.baechler@com.mcnet.ch (Cedric Baechler HB9HFN)
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 1997 21:17:06 +0100
                       REGION ONE FIELD DAY SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 07-Jun-97, 08-Jun-97

    Callsign Used : HB6FG/P
        Operators : HB9BOU HB9BQP HB9COZ HB9CYY HB9HFN

         Category : MOP
        Team/Club : HB9FG

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points

   80CW       64          64        255
   40CW      136         136        472
   20CW      104         104        280
   15CW        8           8         33
   10CW       28          28        116

 Totals      340         340       1156

    Final Score = 1156 points.

We had a great fun operating the special call HB6FG/P. This year we
are celebrating the 60th years of the section of Fribourg (HB9FG) of
the swiss ham-radio association (USKA) and can use this call until
the end of 1997.

We were amazed by the number of people who got our call as HB9 or were
sending a ?
Should be the first time such a prefix is used...!

The weather was typical for a FD operation: we had some very strong
thunder storms during the whole night and shut the station until early
morning. Our location was on a small island called "Ile d'Ogoz" inside
the small lake of "Gruyere", locating in the canton of Fribourg.
One can find pictures and informations (in french) about this island on:

           http://www.mcnet.ch/art_cult/sit_hist/ogoz/

Equipment:
IC-706 running 100w with batteries
dipoles at low height for 160m-10m