[3830] Re: ve9aa results June vhf 6m only

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Re: ve9aa results June vhf 6m only
From: bry@mnsinc.com (Brian Carling)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 07:52:10 -0400
On 21 Jun 97 at 23:23, Mike Smith-VE9AA, Coreen Smit wrote:

> Equipment Description: IC-736,SB200/CONVERTED FOR 6M,WIDE SPACED 5-EL
> AT 66 FEET AGL.
>
> Comments:
> Had a good time both portable and from home.  Wish more ops would get
> on cw for weak troposcatter Qso's during slow times though.

Mike - I will try to oblige you with a CW QSO before too long.
No beam antennas allowed outside here though!

I have an indoor dipole up at about 20 feet above ground.
With 75 watts I bet that is enough for you and I to QSO with that big
beam!

What frequency do you usually call CQ on when you are looking for
a 50 MHz CW contact?

I might just switch to using the Ten Tec Transverter soon and maybe
add a 2nd element and make it an indoor beam!!

73 - Bry, AF4K
*** 73 from Radio AF4K/G3XLQ Gaithersburg, MD USA  *
**  E-mail to:  bry@mnsinc.com                     *
*** See the interesting ham radio resources at:    *
**  http://www.mnsinc.com/bry/                     *