[3830] NAQP W5NN M/2

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP W5NN M/2
From: n5nu@inu.net (Jason Goldsberry)
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 21:13:18 -0500
                              NA QSO SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 02-Aug-97, 03-Aug-97

    Callsign Used : W5NN @ K5XI
         Operator : N5RP, K1OJ, N5NU, WA5POK, K5NZ

         Category : MULTI 2

 Default Exchange : SLUGGO TX

             Name : Mike Hance
          Address : POB 457
   City/State/Zip : Bedias, TX 77831
          Country : United States

  160CW       39          39         39      20
   80CW      166         165        165      43
   40CW      284         282        282      54
   20CW      379         375        375      51
   15CW      136         134        134      44
   10CW       60          60         60      24

 Totals     1064        1055       1055     236

    Final Score = 248980 points.

  First of all my thanks to Sid, K5XI, and all of the operators for letting
me operate this contest at their great station.  It was truly a pleasure.

  I was surprised to hear 10 meters so hot.  I think everyone else was
because the rate was higher there at the beginning than it was on 20.
Fifteen meters was just itself.  I couldn't believe how long it took to
have FL come back on 15.  The rate on 20 never was really great like it was
in January.  It did OK, but not like everyone expected it.  40 was really
great as usual.  I was happy to hear the number of mults on there.  Eighty
and 160 were decent even though the static levels were high.  I wasn't on
there much so I can't really say too much about that except the numbers
were up on 160 and down on 80.

  I experienced the same thing that some of the others were on the high
bands.  I noticed that the middle of the East coast was loud and working
the Midwest and Northeast.  The Northeast was weak and mainly working the
middle of the East Coast.  The Midwest and West weren't working the
Northeast.

  Thanks to everybody again for a really great contest.

73, Jason N5NU, and the rest of W5NN

n5nu@inu.net
N5NU Homepage
http://www.inu.net/n5nu/