[3830] NAQP CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW
From: n4vi@diac.com (Chris Adams)
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 12:05:09 -0600
NA QSO SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 03-Jan-80, 04-Jan-80

    Callsign Used : N4VI
        Operators : CHRIS ADAMS, N4VI

         Category : SOAP, CW

 Default Exchange : Chris, Colorado

             Name : Chris Adams
          Address : 8494 Stoneridge Terrace
   City/State/Zip : Boulder, CO 80302-9355
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Caribou Contest Club

  160CW        1           1          1       1
   80CW       45          45         45      25
   40CW      102         102        102      38
   20CW      108         106        106      32
   15CW       44          43         43      22
   10CW       16          16         16      11

 Totals      316         313        313     129

    Final Score = 40377 points.

160m - 80m dipole
80m -  80m dipole
40-15m  -  40m w8jk
10m     -  40m w8jk and 80m dipole

Best NAQP ever but obviously much room for improvement!  Rate was much
more consistent, but really
couldn't get anytype of run going.  Usually my rate varies and I get a
good run for 1 or 2 hours.  Rate
meter never got over the low 40's.

Had high hopes for 80m.  I remember the January NAQP when 40m went long
and I had to take the 40m
vertical down to 80m.  This time, the afternoon thunderstorms made 80m
very noisy.  I could tell people
were calling me but couldn't pull them through the QRN.  A beverage
(antenna that is) probably would have helped.

It's always interesting to see the improvements in results between cw
and phone due to changes I
make to the station during the 2 week space between contests.

Still can't computer log with desktop computer.  Have to solve
horizontal sync noise from monitor.  Booted
up 386 notebook with blown up serial ports (from lightening strike) just
before contest and it was giving me memory errors.  Managed to limp
along with no serious errors through the contest.

Great fun.  I really enjoy the NAQP's.

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the
best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.