[3830] WA7BNM NAQP SSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WA7BNM NAQP SSB
From: bhorn@netcom.com (Bruce Horn)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 10:12:59 +0100
            North American QSO Party - SSB

Call: WA7BNM
Location: S.Calif
Power: 150 watts
Club/Team: SCCC
Time: 8.75 hrs

         Q     M
-------------------
160      4     1
 80     42    10
 40     53    26
 20    360    56
 15     78    21
 10      8     1
-------------------
       545   115  =   62,675

Comments:
  Arrrgggghhhhh!

  Bonked (cycling term) before the contest while riding and bonked during
  the contest -- actually had to stop and take a nap. Pathetic! Guess I
  was more tired than I realized.

  Noise level was never less than S6 on 20, 15 and 10m. Could tell that
  there were at least 2 layers of of signals I couldn't hear because of
  the noise. On 40m and 80m, noise was never less than S9. In spite of
  the QRN, managed decent rates (hours of 126 and 138) on 20 the two
  times I found a good frequency. Nothing on 15m most of the day until
  after 0Z. Couldn't hear on 40m and didn't seem like much activity on 80.
  Good news was that conditions were so bad on 80 that it was tough to
  hear the usual lids.

  All in all one to forget.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@netcom.com)