[3830] WA4ZXA SUMMARY AND APOLOGY !!

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WA4ZXA SUMMARY AND APOLOGY !!
From: floydjr@interpath.com (Jimmy R. Floyd)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 17:03:50 -0300
I am the first person who does not like people who make excuses. Losers
make excuses. I went to NAQP with full intention of a full 10 hour effort.
At 2000Z I recieved a phone call that my wife's mother was not doing
well at the nursing home. I spent three hours there and came home. I was
able to get in about 3 more hours till about 0330Z and they called and
said she had passed away. So that ended the contest for me. Somethings
outweigh contesting, not many, but this one did. As I said I apologize to
the team and not making an excuse, just telling them what happened.

Now to the contest. Good run on 20 and acutally found some on 15. I do
believe 15 was open more then people realized. When I got back on about
2345Z I went to 15. I worked probably 20 multis and all were in the S5
to S9 range. I am a firm believer when I switch bands not to just listen
but to at least call CQ for 5 mins. Never know what you can stir up.

Of course 40,75, and 160 were terrible. My noise on 75 and 160 was 20 over
most of the time. I accidentally got to close to 3853 and got a cussing
out that I never heard when I was in the Marine Corp. When is the FCC
going to do something about this? Thanks to K4RZ for my only 160 contact.

Here is my breakdown for anyone that is interested:

BAND         Qso's       Multis
160             1            1
 75            76           20
 40           104           33
 20           292           46
 15            52           22
 10             0            0
-----------------------------------
Total         525          130

Score = 68,250
Hours = 5 1/2

I want to thank everyone who stuck through the QRM to work me. Just
did not realize there were that many people named after "THE KING".

73 Jim

BTW My 10M antenna is on the ground being refurbished. It will be back
up with new 40M rotating dipole for this season.

           * Jimmy R. Floyd  (Jim)   Thomasville, NC                *
           * Amateur Call:              >> WA4ZXA <<                *
           * Internet Address:          >> floydjr@interpath.com << *
           * Club:                      >> PVRC <<                  *