[3830] W9WI CW Sprint 9/97

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W9WI CW Sprint 9/97
From: desmith@Telalink.Net (Doug Smith)
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 00:22:04 -0500 (CDT)
80m:    84              Domestic mults: 44
40m:    97              DX mults:        1 (KL7)
20m:    72
==========              ===================
       253           X                  45  = 11,340 points

Team: Tennessee Contest Group (go Oilers?!)

Soapbox:
The only thing that broke down this time was my brainpower..  Just couldn't
seem to get in sync with the computer for the first 40 minutes.  Kept losing
track of what mode TRLog was in, sending the other guy's call instead of my
own.  In most contests, you can recover by hitting Esc & then trying again
-- but in Sprint, by then you've lost the QSO.  Next time, I'll practice
*BEFORE* the contest.

Apologies to the W6/W7 folks about the fills on 80; while things were
relatively quiet here, "quiet" is always a relative term when you're talking
about QRN in W4-land..

73 Doug

Douglas E. Smith  W9WI/4                desmith@Telalink.net.xxx
1385 Old Clarksville Pike               (preferred for long files)
Pleasant View, TN  37146-8098 USA              -or-
(615) 746-5205                          72777.3143@compuserve.com.xxx
                                        (preferred for time-critical info)
(.xxx added to end of email address to hopefully foil spammers)