[3830] All Asia Phone Contest

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] All Asia Phone Contest
From: kenkeeler@jazznut.com (Ken Keeler)
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 23:01:45 -0700
1997 All Asia Phone Contest- Phone,  Sept. 6-7, 1997

N6RO -  Single op, single band (40), High Power

212 Qs  x   79  mults = 16,748

Soap:  Activity down from last year (384 x 110), lots of QRN on 40m, and
Diana's funeral coverage on world wide TV, cut rates way down.  Even on the
first nite, I counted 29 straight DVP CQs without an answer, when we were
reported 30 over 9 in Tokyo.  Most Qs were with the old guard, the same
stations we worked in the 70's when there was some enthusiasm for the
contest.  Their ages have merely moved from the 20s and 30s, to the 40s and
50s (the exhange in this one is AGE)  Enough of that, the QRN will soon
subside and the skip will go longer, it's contest season again!  Ken, N6RO
Ken Keeler    N6RO
KO6N  and N6O(CQP 97)
N6RO@jazznut.com
510-625-2707  FAX 510-625-9403