[3830] K6LA Phone Sprint

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K6LA Phone Sprint
From: KWIDELITZ@delphi.com (KWIDELITZ@delphi.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 12:24:26 -0400 (EDT)
                         1997 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN SPRINT

     Call used: K6LA                                           Location: CA
     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: PHONE           Power: 1500
     Callsign of Operator: K6LA

     Exchanged Information: K6LA nr KEN CA

     Hours of Operation: 03:56

     band      QSOs     points
      80         35         35
      40        103        103
      20        142        142
     TOTAL      280        280   X   54 multipliers  =  15,120

     Club or Team Name: SCCC

     Comments:

     My second full Phone Sprint. With 20 meters in good shape, this was
     a lot of fun. Got called by an 8P and ZF2 on 20 and an XE on 40. The
     only mult I heard and didn't wind up working was NE. Also missed VE7,
     VE8, RI, ME and WY. I couldn't make a Q the last 4 minutes of the
     contest for my only big hole in the log. I found calling CQ a lot on
     20 late was productive when it was too early for 80 from the west coast
     and 40 was almost played out.

     Dan, KC6CNV, I knew it was you at W6TMD. So how many mults did you get?
     (Dan has been kicking my butt recently. And although he is but 16, I'm
      beginning to feel like I've got a very competitive rival nearby.)

73. Ken, K6LA - Ken Six Los Angeles, KWIDELITZ@DELPHI.COM
                ex-AB6FO