[3830] W8MJ CQP Single Op Low Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W8MJ CQP Single Op Low Power
From: AA8AV@Concentric.net (Ken Meier)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 11:45:57 -0400
CQP Contest Entry 1997

Category:       Single Op All Band      Mode: Mixed     Location: Mich

Call Sign:      W8MJ    Power: Low Power < 150          Hours: 23

Band    CW QSO'S        CW PTS          SSB QSO'S       SSB PTS

160       1               3               1               2
 80      25              75               2               4
 40     111             333              33              66
 20     101             303             233             466
 15     118             354             292             584
 10                                       1               2

        356            1068             562            1124

        2,192 QSO Points X 58 Multipliers =  127,136 points

This was my seventh year working this contest and I have to say was by
far my best effort.  Conditions on 15 were outstanding to say the
least.  The band stayed open all day and the signals were very good.
Out did last years score the first night and had 57 counties.  Last
county needed was Colusa.  Logged Colusa the next morning at 1420Z
working N6VV/M for the sweep......he gave me no. 1 Colusa.  That felt
good to get that out of the way.  Didn't realize there was a plaque
offering for the first out-of-state sweep.  Will have to see how things
work out.....
I worked at least another 4-5 stations from Colusa after N6VV/M.

This has always been a great QSO Party to work.  Hats off to the
N.C.C.C. for another fabulous effort.  Great particpation by the
California stations and getting the counties out.  This is my sixth
sweep in a row.  Had a great time.....even though computer crashed on me
three times.  It took me almost an hour to get back on line the first
time. Still havn't figured out what caused it.......go figure.

See all next year for another fabulous QSO Party.....CQP.

                                                        73's

                                                        Ken W8MJ