[3830] K3PP PA QSO PARTY SO-Medium Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K3PP PA QSO PARTY SO-Medium Power
From: gdo@aloft.micro.lucent.com (Glenn D. O'Donnell)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 17:20:11 -0400
1997 Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call:   K3PP
Class:  Single-op
Power:  150W
County: Carbon (CAR)

   54 CW80   QSOs           65 Pennsylvania Counties
   34 CW     QSOs           67 ARRL/RAC Sections
  817 SSB/FM QSOs            1 DX
 -----------------        ---------------------------
  905 TOTAL  QSOs          133 Total Multipliers
  976 TOTAL  QSO Points

 Score:  (976 QSO Points * 133 Multipliers) + 400 Bonus QSO Points

         130,208 FINAL SCORE

This beats the existing Carbon County record, I set last year, by 61.5%!!
The PA QSO Party is one of my favorite (if not #1) contests.  This year
was no exception.  I dabbled a bit with the two-radio trick.  This is
not for the squeamish!  You realy need to practice to get it right.
Count me among those who have NOT gotten it right ... yet!  I was hoping to
grab one of theose "Worked All 67 Counties" plaques.  Maybe next year, sigh!
Juniata and Philadelphia counties just didn't come through.  The contest may
have been the most fun I could have without moral or legal violations!
Thank you NARC, and especially W3HDH!