[3830] NX0I score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NX0I score
From: km0l@tfs.net (Steve Lufcy)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 16:55:07 -0600
1997 CQWW SSB

call: NX0I                                     country: USA (MO)
mode: ssb                                   catagory: Multi-single

band           Q's                zone               cty
 160             30                   11                 24
  80             115                  20                 59
  40             157                  27                 88
  20             482                  35                115
  15             448                  31                116
  10             207                  22                 72
total           1439                146               474           claimed
score:  2,187,980

station description: 1) TS940s- Alpha76a, Heil HC4
                                 pentium running CT
                             2) TS940s- Alpha77dx, Heil HC4
                                 pentium running CT (networked)
antenna description: tower #1: 3 ele 40 m @ 120'
                                             7 ele 15 m @  90'
                                             8 ele 10 m @  60'
                               tower #2: stacked KT34xa @ 90' and 50'
                               80 m 4 square w/ buried radials
                              160 m phased verticals (2) - beverages

operators: NX0I + K0VBU, KB0U, KM0L, N0BIW
guests: KG0US, KG0UT, KB0VVT (husband, wife, es 9 year old daughter who all
hold extra class licenses!)
excuses: Rain and snow all weekend created lots of static and made it tough
for operators to make it out to the country. There were times we had to use
beverage antennas for recieving on 80 and even 40 meters, and the lower
KT34xa could hear better than the higher one. We didn't give up though and
ended up with a descent effort. CT said we took 8.5 hours off, but I don't
know when. There were some times in the wee hours that there was some time
between contacts, but not that much.
We will all see you all in SS.
73 de KM0L Steve in KC