[3830] K5OY 97 CQWW SSB SOLP Unassisted

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K5OY 97 CQWW SSB SOLP Unassisted
From: tv4029weather@khbs-khog.com (tv4029weather@khbs-khog.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 20:08:39 -0600 (CST)
                       1997 CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST

     Call used: K5OY                                           Location: 04

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: SSB             Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: K5OY

     State: Arkansas

     Exchanged Information: K5OY RST 04

     Hours of Operation: 23:54

     band    QSOs   points    zones     ctys
     160        5        4        4        3
      80       11       24        7        7
      40       50      122       16       33
      20      177      472       24       62
      15      198      545       25       66
      10      159      398       16       46
     TOTAL    600     1565       92      217         SCORE: 483,585

     Team Name:Hanging Judge Contest Team

     Comments:  Had a real good time and a lot of unexpected success with
     openings on 10 and a nice run to Japan on 15m.
     There was some down time on Saturday as severe
     weather moved through the area.  As the chief meteorologist for
     our local ABC affiliate, I was called in to cover the storms.  I
     seriously thought about "disappearing" and stay on the radio, but
     lightning would have forced me to shut down anyway. Next year, even
     better scores I hope.  By the way, the weather never got all that
     bad and the picture I presented to the studio crew was pretty
     funny.  Suit, shirt, tie and beat up old sweats and tennis shoes.
     Thank goodness no one had a Poleroid!!!  73

     I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
     amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to the
     best of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of the
     CQ Awards Committee.

     Name: Steve Gibbs                     Call: K5OY
           22 Aberdeen Ct
           Ft Smith                      , AR  72908