[3830] WW97SSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WW97SSB
From: n4kw@citrus.infi.net (Pete Raymond)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 09:17:35 -0500 (EST)
N4KW
Pete Raymond, Single Op High Power Unassisted

Q's        = 1152

Points     = 3183

Countries  = 282

Zones      = 110

          ---------

Total     1,247,736

160 and 80 were a complete bust for me in Florida.  Static levels
were S8 and higher all weekend.  Had to close down Saturday night
due to sever lightning, six hours before storm passed.

4AM on Sunday I think it was, Europeans were S8 and higher.  Their
audio made them sound like all over S9 but I was unable to work any of
them.  Tried LP but to no avail.

Nice opening Sunday on 15 called by RA0/18, UA9/17, VQ9/39, 4S7/22
and VU/22. I missed the European opening on 10.  Sure enjoyed the
great activity from South America with a sprinkle of Africa and
the Pacific.  All in all one could not have more fun with their clothes
on.
 73 Pete N4KW, Inverness,Fl.