[3830] N2GA Nov SS CW SO/HP Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N2GA Nov SS CW SO/HP Score
From: N2GA@aol.com (N2GA@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 22:59:18 -0500 (EST)
1997 ARRL November Sweepstakes CW

Call used: N2GA     Location: NLI     Category:  Single Op All Band High
Power

Exchange: nr B N2GA 91 NLI

Hours of operation: 11

band   QSOs    points    antenna
20         155        310     Force 12 C3S @ 50 feet
40         139        278     Gap Vertical
80         149        298     Gap Vertical
-------------------------------
Total     443         886    X    69 sections  = 61,134

Club Affiliation:  Long Island Mobile Amateur Radio Club (LIMARC)

Comments: I was able to fit this contest into my schedule with difficulty.
 As usual, I was one of the 450 ham radio volunteers at the NYC marathon on
Sunday.  Being in Central Park at the finish line, I had to arrive early
(read 7 am) so had to QRT at about midnight local Saturday night.  I was a
radio "shadow" for the head medical doctor of the marathon and did not secure
until 5 pm Sunday.  After driving home from Manhattan back to Long Island, I
was able to be back on the air at 6:30 pm (EST) for the remaining 3 1/2 hours
of the Sweepstakes!   Worked a total of 11 hours between Saturday and Sunday
evening.  One of these days, I'll get to operate the full 24 hour period!   I
look forward to the phone SS, where I'll participate with K2DO using her call
in a multi-operator team!  CU all then.