[3830] N6RO CW SS SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N6RO CW SS SOHP
From: kenkeeler@jazznut.com (Ken Keeler)
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 17:33:03 -0800
Jimmy, please note changes from SCORES II:  Score, tot QSOs, no guest
op.

N6RO    97 CW SS  Single op, high power;   East Bay section, club: NCCC

<bold>BAND              80      40      20      15      10      TOTAL  SEC
SCORE

</bold>QSO              135     421     286     388     30      1260    78
196,560

FT1000MP/Alpha 76, FT990/Alpha 76;  stacks 40-10M, wire beams on 80m,
TRLog 6.14.

SOAP:  No lightning strikes here, but after two hours of arcing near the
40m amp, and resulting computer hangups and low rate, I took a 30 min
break during prime time Saterday nite to replace the amp with a 900w
spare.  Later found the problem was a bad cable.  So much for being
prepared!  Two radio operation was very productive, made more than 150 Qs
S&P on the second rig.  Decided not to look for mults, 78 called me.  Jay
usually does, and I had one antenna in each stack near north all day
Sunday.  Bad strategy, missed him!  I'm glad Jay stuck it out for all the
sweeps.  CU SSB, 73,

.

Ken Keeler    N6RO

KO6N  and N6O(CQP 97)