[3830] N6MU SS SSB QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N6MU SS SSB QRP
From: N6MU1@aol.com (N6MU1@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 23:42:18 -0500 (EST)
Class: Q
N6MU (@N6NB)  SJV  145,360  920  79  24

      QSOs
10        5
15    478
20    164
40    170
80    103

You're right, Tree, another hilltop at work! Just got back from the "hilltop"
after helping Wayne (N6NB) take down the 40 meter beam on Monday before the
winter weather takes it down for us as it has several times in the past. My
strategy for SS was simple - run stations on 15 meters where I knew I would
be loud thanks to a 4 element monobander and the 7000' elevation even though
QRP. It worked as I made almost 500 Qs on 15. It was mainly S&P on 20, 40 and
75 looking for mults. QRP is really tough on those bands. Try it sometime!
Thanks to all who pulled me through and a special thanks to Ken at VY1JA for
calling me on 40.

John, N6MU