[3830] K6LA SOABHP CW CQWW Score & Comments

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K6LA SOABHP CW CQWW Score & Comments
From: KWIDELITZ@delphi.com (KWIDELITZ@delphi.com)
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 16:12:33 -0500 (EST)
                          1997 CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST

     Call used: K6LA                                            Location: 3

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW              Power: 1500

     Callsign of Operator: K6LA

     Hours of Operation: About 44

     band    QSOs   points    zones     ctys
     160        7       13        5        6
      80       68      142       16       29
      40      661     1857       30       79
      20      586     1614       30       80
      15      381     1045       27       71
      10      149      382       19       37
     TOTAL   1852     5053      127      302         SCORE: 2,167,737

Equipment Description:
TS-950SD, TS-950SDX, Alpha 87A (2),
DuneStar  Bandpass  Filters, Coaxial Stubs (2 sets of stubs  on  40  meters)
TopTen  Automatic Stub Selection Boxes and Band Decoders, DuneStar  antenna
phasing boxes for stacks, NA10.24.

160 Meters:   First time out for Force 12 Linear Loaded Verticals tilt over
ground mounted, 4 full wave (but laid out twisted about) elevated radials -
supposed to be parasitic toward 75 degrees, separated 56' with my house  in
the  middle  (obviously doesn't work right yet, may have to tear  down  the
house.) Ironically, 6Y4A was my only 160 DX.
80 Meters:    Force 12 EF180S rotating dipole @ 77'
40 Meters:    Force 12 EF340 3 element monobander @ 72'
20 Meters:    Force 12 EF420 4 element monobanders stacked at 85'/53'
15/10 Meters: Force 12 EF515/410 5 element on 15 / 4 element on 10
              interlaced on one boom, stacked at 53'/33'

Soapbox:

Hello Sunspots. Great JA runs on 15, 20, 40 and even 10 the last 75 minutes
of the contest, just when the doldrums were setting in. Did any 6's work EU
on 10? I'd like to know when if so. I had a great EU run on 20 just as the
started to come up. The only problem was, even with AGC off, they all sounded
about the same strength. Friday night

Lowlights included never hearing zones 21, 22, 23, 26 or 39. Don't know how
I could have missed so much when DXpeditions were so active from most of
those places.

For some reason, my generally prolific post contest writing desire just isn't
there for this one, even though conditions were good and I had a lot of fun.

73. Ken, K6LA - Ken Six Los Angeles, KWIDELITZ@DELPHI.COM
                ex-AB6FO