[3830] W7WHY ARRL 160 CW Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W7WHY ARRL 160 CW Score
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 21:20:00 +0800
                      ARRL 160 METER CONTEST  1997

      Call: W7WHY                    Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Op. High Power

               QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/QSO    SECTIONS  COUNTRIES

     Totals    125     253     2.02         43          1    =   11,132

Equipment Description: FT-840, 3-500 Amp.
Antenna:  Inverted L, Beverage

Club Affiliation: Southern Oregon DX Association. (SODA)

Soapbox:  Started out Friday night as SO/LP, but wasn't going far. NO7F
          brought over his amp, and I ran 500 watts for the rest of
          the night.  What a difference power makes. Had a rate of
          141 for a while.  He went back to Seattle so I had to
          give his amp back Saturday night.  Tried low power again
          but my heart wasn't in it after running high power. Too
          many people just couldn't hear me.  I've got to get an amp
          for 160!  The new rx antenna worked real well.  Too well!
          I could hear too many stations that couldn't hear me.
          73 and CU in the 10 meter contest.
          Tom W7WHY