[3830] ARRL 10m Results--N6NT

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10m Results--N6NT
From: N6NT@worldnet.att.net (Bruce Sawyer)
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 16:49:37 -0800
    Call: N6NT                     Country:  United States (CA)
                                   Category: Single Operator (HP)
      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

      CW       747     2996       49       14
      SSB      808     1616       44       17
      Totals  1555     4612       93       31  =   571,888

Equipment Description:

Club Affiliation: Northern California Contest Club

No Europeans heard here, but that was no surprise.  I haven't heard any EU
on 10 since the new cycle began.  Also, no JA opening to speak of--what a
disappointment!  I was counting on a bottomless well of JA's to counter the
expected EU opening for the east coast, but there was no such thing.
Saturday was fun, but Sunday was slow and tedious.  What was perhaps most
surprising was that instead of the usual opening to all the 2x3 good ole
boys in OK/MS/AL/GA/SC, the primary opening seemed to be to the north
central states.  The peak opening was centered on OH both days, but the
searchlight spread from IL to the west, ON to the north, and up through New
England to the east.

It was a gentleman's contest.  I had one CBer try to jam me on SSB for about
30 minutes by making electronic game-type noises, but outside of that there
were almost no frequency squabbles and everybody was polite and considerate.
Is that because we all get a decent amount of sleep during this thing???

73,
Bruce, N6NT