[3830] AC3PT

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AC3PT
From: Pacepe@aol.com (Pacepe)
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 13:29:47 EST
 I visited Sikkim and operated the station of the Chogal (king) AC3PT
between sept 5 and 11, 1970. In those days it was very difficult for
a non indian citizen to obtain an interline-border permit to enter the
country. These permits were issued by the Indian government and
were not under the control of the King of Sikkim. He could only extend
the permit for 3 days. When i crossed the border and was asked to sign
the entry book i counted the people who crossed legally and there were
only 11 people in the past 5 years. Gus Browning was the last american
who had signed the book. Also as part of my agreement with the Indian
government i had to sign that i would not operate CW because
the monitors could not copy.
 In conversation with the King he mentioned that Gus was the last to
operate his station and that was quite a few years before. I have no knowledge
of any legal operation by W1FL and doubt if it ever was real.
 Regarding the operation by EA4JL, i have no information.
 I hope that this will clear up any questions about AC3PT. His own
activity was qsl'ed directly. Its a beautiful card. I was lucky to receive one
many years ago.

73, larry, N7DD/K2IXP