[3830] KJ9C's Black Hole Stew

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KJ9C's Black Hole Stew
From: CRICHTON_MELVIN_J@LILLY.COM (Melvin J Crichton)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 13:33:10 -0500
188 Q's, 118 grids, Low Power   .... no idea what my score is

What a contest, and a lot of SMCers on Top Band for the Stew Perry Top Band
Distance Challenge

Ran Single Op, low power to a 30 foot high inverted L with ONE elevated
radial... man, it cooks !  At least compared to my dipole at 35 feet..)   Even
broke some DX pileups with 100 watts...

The slinky beverage was the workhorse, but could hear no Pacific or JA
stations Sunday morning... shoulda stayed in bed... ended up working about 11
hours (don't calculate the rate... I tried running stations for a change....
dismal ! )... lots of beer breaks too

 no idea how many points but worked a bunch of G's, a handful of SM's, and 12
other countries (mostly EU)... including WB9Z in WP2 (thanks for listening
Jerry)....so I'll let Tree (N6TR) run the data file thru his TR compiler...
should be around 1000 points (guess)

Wish it had been this good for the ARRL 160...

Mel KJ9C in Indiana