[3830] N5DO RAC band breakdown

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N5DO RAC band breakdown
From: dcockrum@sulross.edu (David Cockrum)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 14:29:29 -0600
N6RO said he would be interested in seeing band breakdowns for RAC contest,
so here is mine:

RAC Winter Contest - N5DO SO-HP-AB

Band    Raw QSOs        Valid QSOs      Points  Mults

80CW         71               71                  564      8
80SSB        26               26                  230      7
40CW        100              100                  574      7
20CW         85               84                  476      8
20SSB        94               94                  716     10
15CW         47               47                  332      8
15SSB       129              129                  982      8
10CW          4                4                   16      1
10SSB       100              100                  386      6

Totals      656              655                4276      63

A few things that are clear to me regarding my score--I need to get an
antenna up for 160M, just for the multipliers, I need to figure out how to
make contacts on 40M SSB (I never did hear anyone working RAC on 40M SSB -
were the VEs working split?), and I need to let the XYL know ahead of time
that this will be an all out effort so that I can operate more during the
last few hours (instead of cooking hamburgers on the grill!).

Congrats to N6RO for his outstanding score.  I was two QSOs behind him
during the first three or so hours, then an hour later when I worked him I
was more than 40 behind and he continued to build from there.

This was my first time in this contest, but I enjoyed it immensely, and
will try again next year.

Dave N5DO