[3830] Phone Sprint - N7TR

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Phone Sprint - N7TR
From: N7TR@RNODX.ORG (N7TR)
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 18:55:38 -0800
    Havent done the sprints here for a few years due to other things
happening.   What a Blast!!!

 20 seemed to be REAL good for the first hour. I decided to go to 40
early...This was a mistake.   I was on 40 for a about 15 minutes and
decided to go back to 20...Why???  Im not sure yet...When I got back to
20 it was dead!!  At least I didnt hear anything below my S7 Line noise
I had all day on 20!!   Line noise was S7 - S9+10db on 40 and was
intermittant on 80 to +10db...Think this is what caused the low mults
.....Missed a bunch of East Coast mults that should have been easy.   I
did miss several I heard, XE, DE, NY, VE3.   Nice to have a C6 call me
on 40 with number 1!!

   Thought I was doing pretty well when I caught up to VE7NTT on
40...Was 9 q's ahead of Gary.  Was 10 behind K6LL on 40.  Think the line
noise here won the contest!!

       Congrats to "The RAT", K6LL and Gary VE7NTT.

        Score.....

SO/HP                                   NEVADA

                Band            QSO
                80              90
                40              124
                20              87

                                301 X 45  =  13,545

                See Ya!   Rich  N7TR

*****
    Richard Hallman N7TR
N7TR@RNODX.ORG
    11870 Heartpine St
    Reno NV  89506                                                 Ex:
KI3V, A92FN, HL9RH
    702 677-1106
N3AMK

******