[3830] W4PA CW Sprint.

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W4PA CW Sprint.
From: srobbins@usit.net (Scott Robbins)
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 00:40:38 -0500 (EST)
W4PA CW SPRINT HIGH POWER
295/44 = 12,980 claimed score.  Time of operation, 3:45.

QSO's by band:
20m = 67
40m = 118
80m = 110

Radio 1: Ten-Tec Omni-VI+/Ten-Tec Titan
Radio 2: Ten-Tec Omni-VI+/Ten-Tec Centurion

Team: TENNESSEE CONTEST GROUP

Notes:
Those 15 lost minutes are the difference between 315-320 Q's and 295.
One hour into the contest, the serial port keying interface on radio 2
locked in key down transmit.  After five long minutes I couldn't get
the computer to play ball with me so I abandoned the second radio,
moved some cables to accomodate, and ran one radio only for the last
three hours.  Lost about 10 minutes total there.  Also was having an
intermittent problem with the amp not keying from the transceiver.
I know some of the exchanges sounded choppy as they were half at 50
watts and half at 1500 watts, sometimes on the same letter!  Turns
out I have an intermittent in the (cheap) cable I was using to key the
amp from the radio.  Spent a few minutes trying to solve it but didn't
until after the Sprint was over.  STILL FUN, C YA NEXT TIME!!

GO TCG!!!

73,
Scott Robbins, W4PA, Gatlinburg, TN.

This e-mail message may not represent the viewpoint of my employer.
Visit the Tennessee Contest Group at <http://www.k4ro.net/tcg.html>