[3830] CW SPRINT, KJ9C

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CW SPRINT, KJ9C
From: CRICHTON_MELVIN_J@lilly.com (Melvin J Crichton)
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 11:14:16 -0500
                        KJ9C  SPRINT SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 08-Feb-98

    Callsign Used : KJ9C
         Operator : KJ9C
         Category : SO-LP
 Default Exchange :  MEL IN

        Team/Club : SMC, Dead Lizards Cant Send CW

   80CW       39          39         39       6
   40CW       52          52         52      16
   20CW       11          11         11       6

 Totals      102         102        102      28

    Final Score = 2856 points.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 Sprints realy confuse me, especially while trying to watch the Olympics at
same
 time. Twenty was only band open at the start, and sure wasted a lot of time
there
 before finding activity on 40. Forty was also stretched (QRM from DX early
on).
 Then giant slalom was on TV and things REALLY slowed down. At least CBS has
 some loooong commercials! Wanted to run high power but it crashed the PC in
DOS mode.

I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the NCJ North American
Sprint, conscientiously applying my most ethical interpretation of the rules
for this contest as set forth in the National Contest Journal.