[3830] Sprint CW - AD5Q

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Sprint CW - AD5Q
From: ids@nol.net (R.S.Hradilek)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 16:02:05 +0000
Not a good effort here. It wasn't that my KT34 is falling apart, or
that my amp is only putting out 800 watts. After spending all day
reading the TRLog manual and configuring, I thought I was ready to
Sprint: NOT!  I find this user interface very clunky, and I got off to
a poor start on 20 and never recovered. I have specific comments on
how to improve TRLog, which are posted to Tree's reflector. I hope the
guys in Dallas forgot to include me on the team because I really don't
want to send my logs in.

40 played OK here with the wire beam, but I got stomped too many times
on 80 by louder signals, and usually CQed at least once for that
second Q.

    Callsign Used : AD5Q
         Operator : AD5Q

         Category : 800 Watts

 Default Exchange : ROY TX

   80CW       84          84         84       2
   40CW       97          97         97      13
   20CW       73          73         73      26

 Totals      254         254        254      41

    Final Score = 10414 points.