No subject

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: ve3bbh@interlog.com (Paul Hicks)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 12:26:37 -0500
--=====================_887235997==_

                              SPRINT SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 08-Feb-98

    Callsign Used : VE3ZT
         Operator : VE3ZT

         Category : Single Operator/Low Power (120 Watts)

             Name : Paul Hicks
          Address : 41 Stoneton Drive
   City/State/Zip : Scaraborough, ON Canada M1H 2P6
          Country : Canada
           E-mail : ve3bbh@interlog.com

   80CW       17          17         17       7 Alpha Delta DX-LB
   40CW       29          29         29      14   "     "   & sloper
   20CW        7           7          7       3 Sloper

 Totals       53          53         53      24

    Final Score = 1,272 points.

 Equipment: FT1000MP, TRLog

 Soapbox
 First CW Sprint for me, as evident by my lousy performance. Worked in 2 feet
of snow Saturday from 10:00am to 6:00pm building and trimming a 40-20-15-10
metre fan dipole, found I didn't have the mental capacity to hold much in my
head. Must have lowered and raised that sucker 100 times, sloped it South. Sure
had the neighbours wondering....

 Found that several ops didn't wait until I confirmed the contact (needed
fills), so had to wipe several contacts. Had some "worked U B4s" too, but they
aren't in my log. Sorry about that, not good enough yet for the plus-35wpm
speed that seems to be the norm in this contest, but I'm trying. Gotta keep
telling myself that it's all good experience and not get discouraged.

 73, Paul.
 VE3ZT

I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the NCJ North American
Sprint, conscientiously applying my most ethical interpretation of the rules
for this contest as set forth in the National Contest Journal.