[3830] W4ZV ARRL CW SOHP Single Band 160

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W4ZV ARRL CW SOHP Single Band 160
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 06:43:05 -0500 (EST)

        Well, this contest ended for me last night at 0640.  Blame
it on El Nino!  He cooked up a huge storm in the Gulf of Mexico and
the noise was just too much to contend with.  I didn't even hear a
single JA this morning through the QRN and am now listening to W1-3's
running Europeans as the contest is nearing the end (2350 UTC now).
Now I know how the guys at 9M0C must feel!  Last evening the QRN was
a solid S9 off the back side of my Beverages toward Europe and I could
only copy the strongest stations (my apologies to all those that were
calling and I couldn't hear!)

        Anyway, with my last QSO at 0640 last night, I finished with
200 QSO's and 71 countries for 42.6K points.  Last year I had 223 and
67 countries and was really hoping I could better it this year, since
I had a better start with 140/64 by Saturday morning!  Oh well, better
luck next year and maybe El Nino will stay away!

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  Comparisons to the multi-multis up north:

                W3LPL  274/74
                K1KI   228/66
                K3LR   221/69