[3830] WB0O ARRL CW DX

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WB0O ARRL CW DX
From: wb0o@yahoo.com (BILL STRAW)
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 15:27:03 -0800 (PST)
WB0O ARRL DX CW  SO HP AB

160   18  15  INV-L
 80   84  38  ELEVATED 4-SQUARE
 40  172  56  ELEVATED 4-SQUARE
 20  664  74  TH7 @ 50'
 15  267  65            (QTH on a 400' hill)
 10   56  29
--------------
    1261 277 = 1,047,891

RIG: TEN TEC OMNI VI PLUS, ALPHA

COMMENTS:
  BIG Aurora here really wrecked the low bands. Go to
www.sel.noaa.gov/pmap/index.html to see the real time
aurora oval.My goal was 1M so it was a good test.

  160M- Hopeless, never heard/worked JA or EU.

   80M- I had 212X69 in the CQWWCW a few monthes ago,
        this test OT8T peaked at S6 on Friday, no EU
        heard on Saturday.

   40M- MUF still below 7 mhz at night, dead by 0200Z

   15M- About 1 hour of southern EU each day, not enuf
        sunspots to help us in the North.

   10M- Of course no EU, no JA.

73 BILL WB0O in Northern North Dakota (closest station
                to the geomagnetic North Pole in the
                Lower 48 states !!)