[3830] C6A/K4PG ARRL DXCW 40M

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] C6A/K4PG ARRL DXCW 40M
From: n4bp@bc.seflin.org (Bob Patten)
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 14:20:40 -0500 (EST)
Kevin asked me to post for him:

                              1998 ARRL DX CONTEST

     Call used: C6A/K4PG                                      Location: C6A
     Category: Single Op Single Band 40M       Mode: CW       Power: 100W
     Callsign of Operator: K4PG

     Exchanged Information: C6A/K4PG 599 100

     Hours of Operation: 24:00

     band      QSOs      points    mults
     -----------------------------------
      40       1303        3909      58
     -----------------------------------
     TOTAL     1303        3909      58      SCORE: 226,722

     Club or Team Name: Florida Contest Club

     Comments:  I operated the evening hours (24) and Bob, N4BP, operated
     the other 24 hours (daylight).  The first night condx were good.
     The second night condx were very poor.  Noise levels were high and
     it was hard to hear stations over the QRN.  My rate went to over
     200 per hour several times!  Antenna was a 40M dipole 10 feet over
     the roof which was 25 to 30 feet above ground (afraid Bob was going to
     fall through the roof!  It was not in good shape.)  IC 706mkII and
     NA software at 100W.  I had a blast!  Do not ask about customs!

                                KB