[3830] TI7/N4MO ARRL DX SSB 15 MTRS LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] TI7/N4MO ARRL DX SSB 15 MTRS LP
From: rsuthus@worldnet.att.net (Ron Uthus)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 01:32:24 -0600
TI7/N4MO ARRL DX SSB 15 MTRS LP

TI7/N4MO        24  LP  279,792         1608    58

EXCHANGE: 59 080

TEAM NAME: PVRC

TS-50 with a 15 mtr dipole in the palm trees @ 40 ft.

First day had 1172 q's prior dupes. No power outages this go around. Sunday
morning was gross as Europe was wide open to the states. Couldn't hold a
freq (of course) and had to move far too many times during test. However,
had a good time and appreciate all the contacts from all the guys. Thank
you again. Last year we had 1603 q's after dupes and this year we had 1608
after dupes. I guess there is no chance for improvement. Chuckle. I NEED a
beam! The TS-50 isn't the best transciever for use in a SSB test. How is
that for an understatement? It is easy to carry however. To make matters
worse it's sick and needs work when we get back to the states in a week or
so.
Thanks again for all the Q's and C ya next year!
73, Ron Uthus (n4mo@juno.com)