[3830] S50K HP 20m ARRL SSB 1998 score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] S50K HP 20m ARRL SSB 1998 score
From: marko@robo.fe.uni-lj.si (Marko Munih)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:16:10 -0800
This is my score from ARRL 1998 SSB contest
as SO HP 20m only:

1773 QSO's
58 mults
----------
score 305k points

Short comment:

I missed PEI, LAB, NWT and YU mults or they were not on the frequency
at all. After the first day I was waiting only for MS from the US,
the same happened in CW ARRL this year.

A lot of QRM from both sides, not too good propagations and
several nasty intruders. Lots of signals were at very low level
and only thanks to luck of having clear spot for some time I
managed to work these stations.

As usuall the EA, CT, and also low I and TM station have been able to
work much longer into the night with good rate. More or less I heard
everything they worked.

Just to mention also that WX0B was +20dB well into local night time
here, when all the rest of the gang people from US were much less
audible. The first station I talked to in both days was a friend
Polde WS1M from east coast having only tribander at moderate height.
Much louder at that time than LPL, KI, XX, RM, and others.

The most severe frequency-steal people this time were some stations
starting with UA3, YT4, 4N4 and F5. Seems that these people do
not understand English or any other language I speak. Much larger
is the number of polite people, which were asking about free
frequency or moved away after few CQs started very close to my frequency
and then being informed that is the channel occupied.

Marko, S50K