[3830] WB0O WPX SSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WB0O WPX SSB
From: wb0o@metigoshe.ndak.net (Martha and Bill Straw)
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 08:55:28 -0600
WB0O WPX SSB    SO 20M HP

713Q  X  439  =  524,605   15 Hours

Stats: 1195 Qso points = 1.68 points/Q
          0 point Q's + 1 mult = 160 = 23%
          0 point Q's + NO mult = 131 = 19%

Rig: Ten Tec OMNI VI+ and ALPHA
Ant: TH7 @ 50'

Comments:
   No EU on 15M last week and the Aurora made 20M single
band the obvious choice. It was fun but I had drained the band
of points by Sunday AM and turned the radio off. Where were
the JA's??

   What can be done about the 0 point Q's and the double
points awarded to East Coast 40/80M EU runs? If I would
have gotten 1 point for the W/K/N Q's my score would have
gone from 524K to 650K, which is not that much, but I
would have kept operating on Sunday. There just is no
reason to keep on in a contest without making any points!
(By Sunday there aren't even any US mults left to work).

  New entry categories won't help the WPX as long as the
whole idea behind the contest is to give the East coast a
win. Sure there will be Top Ten stations from the rest of
the country but only because of lack of competition. Any
W1/W2/W3 with a 2EL 40 and a TH7 could make Top
Ten if they wanted to.

73 BILL  WB0O in North Dakota