[3830] C6AHR SO/TS LP AB WPX

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] C6AHR SO/TS LP AB WPX
From: k8unp@shadow.net (Pete Rimmel)
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 23:37:24 -0700
CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1998 CW

      Call: C6AHR (Op: N8PR)               Country:  Bahamas
      Mode: CW                             Category: Single Operator/TS
Low Power

(Tribander-Single)
      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES
                                                       Date   On
Off    Hrs.

      160       0       0      0.0      0              30/5  0000
0527   5 1/2
       80      34     150      4.3      6                    1145
1600   4 1/4
       40     245     246      5.1    113                    1829
2202   3 1/2
       20     425     935      2.2    199                    2309
0307   4
       15     227     556      2.4     62              31/5  1038
1647   6 1/4
       10      90     191      2.1
24                                  ------
      --------------------------------------           Time on Air
- ----   23 1/2 Hrs.

    Totals   1021    3078      3.0    404  =   1,243,512

All reports sent were 599, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:  Icom 745
                        No tribander
                        102' Zepp up 45 feet.

Club Affiliation: Florida Contest Club (FCC)

The operation was from Andros Island (NA-001) at the US Navy AUTEC base.
an unexpected trip for work allowed me to take a rig and wires with me.
I was sorry that I could not spend more time in the contest...  I was
there for "work" and had to do some of that.  The charter flight back to
the US left at 1600 on Sunday, so I had to break down about 1300 to get
all done.  It was fun while it lasted.

Too bad Sunday condx weren't better.  I am working to get the club
station from there reactivated with a tower and some permanent equipment
space. I left the rig for the next trip.  There is only one other ham
there right now, a Technician, but he seemed anxious to upgrade and get
on the HF bands.

It was fun to bump into some old friends during the contest.