[3830] WI9WI SO AB HP UA WPX CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WI9WI SO AB HP UA WPX CW
From: JHFitzJr@aol.com (JHFitzJr@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 23:20:18 EDT
Station:WI9WI
Op: WI9WI
Category: SO HP AB Unassisted
QTH:WI

HRS     QSOS     MULTS     SCORE
7           404         254           159 004

Got to the cabin about noon Saturday intending to put in some serious time in
this one. Spent all afternoon dodging thunderstorms and chainsawing several
large trees which had come down apparently in some severe storms a couple of
weeks ago - a tornado did some serious damage in Ladysmith, 30 miles south
then. Two trees were blocking the drive in, and one (my neighbors tree) had
fallen on the NE guys of my 100 ft tower. Amazingly there was no tower or
antenna damage. The only problem was the top antennas on the tower were stuck
east. Got on finally about 7 hrs later, and operated about 2 hrs between
storms. Finally gave up at MN. Sun was better, got in about 5 hrs of operating
between continuing to chain saw and troubleshooting and fixing the rotor -
turns out to be a bad limit switch.The bands were terrible Sat nite, extremely
noisy and weak signals. Sunday was better, and signals picked up by Sun nite.
My dog enjoyed it all as he got to spend a lot of time outside.

Thanks for the Qs.

Jim WI9WI