[3830] N5LZ JUNE VHF SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N5LZ JUNE VHF SO
From: ki3l@ix.netcom.com (Don Butler)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 07:49:30 -0500 (CDT)
                             1998 ARRL VHF QSO PARTY

     Call used: N5LZ                                         Location: EL29

     Category: Single Op        Mode: Mixed             Power:6M-100W, 2M-150W

     Callsign of Operator: N5LZ

     Exchanged Information: N5LZ EL29

     Hours of Operation: 15

     band      QSOs     points    mults
      50        409       409      121
     144         46        46       22

     TOTAL      455       455      143      SCORE: 65,065

      Club or Team Name: Texas DX Society

     Comments: A new IC706MKII has given me 6M capability, so I'm back into
VHF contesting after a 10 year layoff.  I stuck up a 3 element beam at 55
feet Saturday morning, and was ready 1 hour before contest time, and  wow!
I had hoped to get a start on VUCC from this qth, but didn't expect to
finish it in one weekend.  Unfortunately I had to attend a Commencement
Sunday afternoon and missed 4 1/2 hours (1800-2215 GMT)during the peak of
the opening.  I'm just a pea shooter, but sure had fun!
        Rigs: IC706MKII, 3 element 6M yagi at 55 feet
                TS711A, 150W brick, 11 element 2M yagi at 58 feet

     I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
     amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to the
     best of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of the
     ARRL Awards Committee.

     Date__6/14/98 Signature__Donald P. Butler___________ Call__N5LZ______

     Name: Don Butler                      Call: N5LZ
           3410 Bluebird Way
           Pearland, TX 77584