[3830] WPX CW GS2MP SOSB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX CW GS2MP SOSB HP
From: G4FAM@compuserve.com (Cris Henderson)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 12:28:46 -0400
                  CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1998

Call: GS2MP (op. G4FAM)        Country:  Scotland
Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator

BAND     QSO     QSO PTS  PTS/Q    PREFIXES

 20     2036     3620      1.78      700

Totals  2036     3620      1.78      700  =   2,534,000

Equipment Description: FT1000MP, TH7 Tribander (20m high).

* STATS * STATS * STATS * STATS * STATS * STATS * STATS *

CONTINENT       QSOs    PERCENTAGE
Africa             8      0.4%
Asia             270     13.3%
Europe          1248     61.3%
N. America       466     22.9%
Oceania           14      0.7%
S. America        28      1.4%

Top 12 popular prefixes wkd:
OK1 (47)
OK2 (31)
F5  (25)
JA1 (25)
DL1 (24)
UA3 (23)
YU1 (23)
DL2 (21)
DL5 (18)
F6  (17)
W2  (17)
W9  (17)

Where were you?(!)
AA4
CT3
DJ8
DJ9
DK2
F2
GW3
IK6
JR4
LU1
ON5
SM2
VK6
WA3
WA4
WA7
WA9
WA0
WB0
WB1
WB3
WB5
WB6
WB7
WB8
WB9
YO1
YO2
YO7
ZL (any)

First attempt at 20m SB - great fun, but band condx not
so great (especially to NA on Saturday).  Surprised to see
so many high claimed scores on 3830 from stations NOT in
my log - must do more search and pounce next time!!
Mni tnx to Chris GM3WOJ for the FB GM-style hospitality.

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Cris Henderson  G4FAM / GM4FAM
               1 George Street
               Cromarty