[3830] N0AX M/S IARU

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N0AX M/S IARU
From: hwardsil@WOLFENET.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 06:55:10 -0700 (PDT)

An interesting, low-key multi-single effort:

188 QSOs for 601 pts, 9 HQ mults, and 36 zones for 27,045 total score.

Sam, KD7BUQ, and Sparky KC7IXZ did most of the heavy lifting, spending all
day prowling the high-bands.  The had a bit of success with some low-speed
CQing, but mostly, we all had to work together to copy the faster stuff.
The left the shack with fire in their eyes, promising to work on the old
code speed for an upgrade.  Neither of them had ever worked 20-meters
before, or 15-meter phone, so all the DX was a real treat.

The control op had some fun on CW in the early morning (40 was
surprisingly good in the AM) and at sunset (nice EU opening, with a
pleasant surprise of finding JY9QJ on 20 CW, tried to get him QRP, but
no-go).

Look for the boys to be much more active in the future - looks like we
have a couple of contesters sprouting.

73, Ward N0AX