[3830] K7RAT CW Sprint

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K7RAT CW Sprint
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 22:06:57 -0700 (PDT)

    Callsign Used : K7RAT
         Operator : N6TR

         Category : Single Operator - High Power - Two Radios

   80CW       58          58         58       0
   40CW      146         146        146      12
   20CW      135         135        135      36

 Totals      339         339        339      48  = 16272 points

Great start during the first 30 minutes.  Ran into a brick wall after
that.  40 was tougher than normal, and 80 was really hard.  If it
wasn't for the second radio and the 50 QSOs / 5 mults that it produced,
I would have been out of the top ten for sure.

Had several shots at N7FO in Arizona, but he didn't seem to know about
getting the frequency after a QSO.  Finally, he answered one of my
CQs.  Also worked VE2, Alabama and Louisana on 40 in the last hour
off the second radio and Arkansas on 20.

Congrats to Dan, K1TO, for a great showing - looks like we have a new
force to deal with.

Rate sheet

00 - 91 (all on 20)
01 - 79 (50 on 40)
02 - 79 (64 on 40)
03 - 90 (58 on 80)

Missed KL7, Maine, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, Wyoming and
VE4, VE7, VE8.  Worked CT1BOH with a good number/signal.  Perhaps my
European record bit the dust?  No sign of VK5GN or JA/Trey.

See you in February!  Also, hope we can schedule this for the weekend
after labour day next year.

73 Tree N6TR