[3830] K3LR CW Sprint LP West Virginia

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K3LR CW Sprint LP West Virginia
From: tduffy@sygnet.com (tduffy)
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 23:24:18 -0400
1998 North American Sprint

K3LR      QTH: West Virginia

band       QSOs

80           65
40           95
20           62

              222     x     39 multipliers  =  8,658 points

Team: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

My first CW Sprint stationary mobile! Thought it might be cool to be a
rare multiplier. Wonder how many still copied PA? Used a IC-706 (75
watts) and a mobile Screwdriver antenna on car battery power. Parked on
top of a West Virginia hill/mountain where I could see Ohio and
Pennsylvania. Had the laptop on my lap in the drivers seat for 4 hours.
Worked CT1BOH on all 3 bands!
Back to high power and yagis in Feb!

73,
Tim K3LR