[3830] CQWW RTTY OH0MZA/1 (OH1NOA op) SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW RTTY OH0MZA/1 (OH1NOA op) SOAB HP
From: Timo" <timo.klimoff@kolumbus.fi (Timo)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 18:27:24 +0300
CQ WW RTTY Contest

Call used: OH0MZA/1
Operator:  OH1NOA ( @OH1ZAA)
Location:  Finland
Entry Class: Single Op, All Band High Power
Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX  Zones
80         4     7     0     3     2
40        34    72     0    21     7
20       500  1167    38    72    28
15       326   775    30    62    22
10       145   341     4    50    19
--------------------------------------
Total   1009  2362    72   208    78
--------------------------------------
Claimed Score: 845.596
Software: RTTY by WF1B  v4.1 , Ritty by K6STI
Operating time: about 36 hours of 48
Power Output: 500
Rig: Kenwood TS440S PA: Amp Supply LK550
Antennas: 20-15-10 4-5-6 el mono yagis, 40-80 a wire radiator
Club Participation: Contest Club Finland
Comments: The 1st night was collecting PC for WF1B/K6STI softwares
from various computers/hard disks. We put up some 20m wire for the
low bands on Saturday evening but unfortunately it didn't work at all.
Later on Sunday we found that our power supply was not in a-ok condition.
We changed it and then also disappeared serious RF problems on 15 mtrs.
Sorry, if my fsk signal was odd on Saturday!
The bands perform with many strange ways when A index is 97...
Propagation was like a dream on Saturday morning. 10 meters was booming
into Japan/Far East and South America. Later 15/20m opened very nicely
to USA. W3LPL was pushing through on 10 mtrs on Saturday and 3 others
on Sunday. Unfortunately condx on Saturday and Sunday afternoons were
not so hot but I am very satisfied because I worked over 1000 qsos
without much qs on low bands and because my last Rtty contest was at
OH1AF in the 80's. It sure makes working rtty very smooth if you use
WF1B and K6STI programmes! Just pushing Insert and Page Down keys!!!
Thanks to Jan, OH1ZAA/OH0MZA/NN0Y/etc. for superb hospitality (beers,
bread and pork!). Getting a cold beer after each 100 qs is a great motivator!
(Jan, I will drink "one-million-points-beer" next year!)

"I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established for amateur radio in my country. My report is correct
and true to the best of my knowledge. I agree to be bound by the
decisions of the Awards Committee."
Date _28_/_9_/_98  Signature _Timo Klimoff OH1NOA

"My bed is pulling me, gravity, daysleeper"
Timo Klimoff                                 timo.klimoff@kolumbus.fi
++Ham/Search/Blake/Kewl at   http://www.qsl.net/oh1noa
++R.E.M. at                                  http://move.to/rem
ICQ # 15474856
"Kus on mu hobune?"(John Wayne in Estonia)