[3830] N7WA SprINT comments

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N7WA SprINT comments
From: mwdink@eskimo.com (Michael Dinkelman)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 13:28:30 -0700
N7WA  75 Q's

        Fun contest - put this up with the Stew Perry for interesting
exchanges. Only wish my mind didn't go blank sometimes (Sorry Ward,
the name Mary just did not compute.) Anyway - just goes to show how
much clean fun 2 or 3 dozen guys/gals can have.

        Found the SWR on the beam to be 3:1 an hour before the contest.
Climbed the tower but nothing was obvious. Coax looked OK and had no
battery for the RF1. So, just used the tuner. Everytime I turned around,
N0AX was clamoring for a Q - just had to say no sometimes ;>) as I hit
some real dry spots. Kept checking 10M - only one Q with Texas. Didn't
hear too many mangled names except BRUNNIC or BRUNNINC or BRUN or whatever.
But then, maybe I am the one who mangled them. Can't wait to see the trace
logs. I like RAT and it came around several times. I know one thing, DINK
goes into a black hole and never comes out.

        Looking foreward to the Honor Sprint on the 17th. Heck, what else is
there until the first weekend of November?

Michael Dinkelman, N7WA
Kent, WA
mwdink@eskimo.com