[3830] AE6Y CQP SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AE6Y CQP SO HP
From: andrew.faber@gte.net (Andrew Faber)
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 20:07:43 -0700
AE6Y SO HP CQP:  (Santa Clara county)
       1770 Q's x 58 mults = 248,066 points

    BAND       CW   PHONE
         80         96     75
         40       166     62
         20       205    300
         15       172    282
         10         98    314
  Totals        737    1033

Rig: TS950SDX, Titan Amp, Force 12's: 3el 20/2 el 40, 3 el on 10/15, rot dip
for 80, all on 65 foot tower.
Software: CQPWIN 6.0

Soapbox:
    1.  You know sunspots are coming back when you make more q's on 10 phone
than on 20 phone!  To compare condx, my previous best was 228k in 1994, when
that was good enough for 2d in the state, losing to AB6FO (K6LA) at 239k or
so.  This year there were several contact totals quite a bit higher than
mine.
     2.  Mults were easier to come by than usual.  First time ever worked
two Yukon stns: not only old faithful Jay, VY1JA (VY1A in the contest), but
also VY1AC.
     3.  The Speech processor in the rig self-destructed on Saturday.  I
must say I found it easier to listen to myself talking and to my prerecorded
cq's, etc, without it, tho it did probably lose some punch.
     4.  As usual, thanks to the very many fellows (none of whom are
probably on these reflectors) who gave me their number one contact to help
out (do they give everyone else number one also?).
   73, andy, AE6Y