[3830] VE2CUA (AG8L) CQP SO/HP + Comments

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] VE2CUA (AG8L) CQP SO/HP + Comments
From: AG8L4Test@aol.com (AG8L4Test@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 11:34:12 EDT
                 California QSO Party -- 1998

Call: VE2CUA (AG8L op)         Province: Quebec
                               Category: Single Op/HP

MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  MULTS

 CW       239      717        0
 SSB      333      666        0
 Totals   572     1383       57  =   78,831

Breakdown by band:

BAND     CW QSO    SSB QSO
160          0          0
 80         11          7
 40         25         15
 20         76         91
 15         58        125
 10         69         95
         -----       ----
           239        333     57 Mults

The contest was great fun this year, and it was
interesting operating from a needed multiplier.
It was great to have 10M back this year, although
I didn't work the number of casual operators there
that I did several years ago - maybe this will change
in future years as people get used to 10 being open.

Thought I was going to manage my first sweep after
working Del Norte late in the contest, but couldn't
find Kings county despite lots of looking.  Even so,
this was a new personal best in CQP.

Thanks to the mobile ops in California that moved from
county to county - it was a nice bonus to be able
to work them multiple times on the same band.

Special thanks to the Concordia University Amateur
Radio Club for allowing me to use their station, VE2CUA,
and for some last minute antenna work they did.  The
station is located on the 6th floor in a building
in Montreal, with antennas on the roof (14 stories up).
Truly wonderful to be able to stand on the roof, and see
the clear shot southwest towards California.

73, Dave AG8L/VE2