[3830] K3WW CQP Single Op High Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K3WW CQP Single Op High Power
From: k3ww@fast.net (Charles Fulp)
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 19:24:29 +0100
I got caught up in a combination of decent conditions on 10/15 and bad
weather outdoors..ended up operating about 18 hours,
some seriously, some casually.  I started out S/P on 15 then 10, just
working the gang, then found the counties really
falling into place.  Ended up with the last 2 including #58 YOLO
answering one of just a few CQs on 20 meters about 7 or 8 hours into the
contest.

Too bad the CA guys don't offer a plaque for working all the counties in
the contest like the PENNSYLVANIA QSO PARTY
does!!!!... anyhow I was aiming for a T shirt, and ended up with plenty
more.  Real impressed with the CW totals of the low
power guys.  I thought I grabbed all the CQers and found my rates
calling CQ on CW to be pretty poor.

BAND  CW    SSB
80    16          4
40    39        18
20    66        85
15    65       148
10    41       117
     227        422      58 Counties   88,450  claimed score    Single
Op High Power.

Appologies for not spotting any of you CA guys, but decided to tweek the
ears digging w/o packet this year.

de Chas K3WW