[3830] K6EL CQP summary

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K6EL CQP summary
From: k6el@juno.com (k6el@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 18:20:02 -0700
Here is the rundown from K6EL, SO/LP, from Butte County.

BAND              CW               SSB            Mults
160                      0                    0
80                       73                  25
40                       141                 21
20                       129                95
15                       118                 181
10                       108                232
VHF                    0                   0
TOTALS           569               553              58

K6EL CQP SCORE
163,154

Comments:
Hit the air at 1600. The bands seemed "soft". Rates were not very
encouraging.  Applied
lessons learned in previous CQP's and stayed in the game. Things started
to improve. I
made 58 mults by 0220Z or so, earliest ever! Good omen! Lots of local
noise made copying
the 3rd level signals a real challenge!

High light was hearing my buddy Paul, A35RK/KK6H calling me off the side
of my XA, which
was pointed east, at 2120z on Sunday with an s-nuthin signal. Once I quit
trying to make an
AA3 out of him, he gave me #1, Tonga!

Low light was either getting up too early, or going for a nap too early
Saturday night. Got up at
4am and it took nearly 3 hours to make 100 Q's.  20m cw opened up while
it was still way
dark here and the rest of the day was FB!

As usual, it was a BLAST. Tks to all the folks who showed up!!

73 de Jon...K6EL
K6EL@JUNO.COM

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]