[3830] Revised K7RAT Honor Sprint

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Revised K7RAT Honor Sprint
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 06:42:13 -0700 (PDT)

Well - Chuck raises a good point about the QSY stuff.  Technically,
I would say it is "illegal" for the CQing station to suggest a QSY
after the QSO.  It is probably less clear that the answering station
would be wrong if he suggested it however.

In order to maintain the high honor of this event, here is a revised
score sheet with all of my QSYed QSOs removed.  Since I don't know
which ones were which (if I CQed or not), I just removed them all.

I leave it to the contest sponsors to decide which one to use.

                              SPRINT SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 18-Oct-98

    Callsign Used : K7RAT
         Operator : N6TR

         Category : Single Op - Low Power (150W)

 Default Exchange : # Bert Ore

             Name : Larry Tyree
          Address : 15125 SE Bartell Road
   City/State/Zip : Boring, OREGON  97009
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Rush Drake Orchestra

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   80CW       25          25         25       0         0
   40CW       48          48         48       4         0
   20CW       46          46         46      25         1

 Totals      119         119        119      29         1

    Final Score = 3570 points.

 Soapbox Comments

 This is a revised summary with all QSYed QSOs removed.  I didn't even
 think about this being prohibited by the rules.  I think it might depend
 on if you originally owned the frequency or not.  In other words, if
 you call the guy, and then after the QSO, asked for him to QSY, it
 might fit the rules.

I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the NCJ North American
Sprint, conscientiously applying my most ethical interpretation of the rules
for this contest as set forth in the National Contest Journal.