[3830] WB0O 10M SINGLE BAND HIGH POWER CQWWSSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WB0O 10M SINGLE BAND HIGH POWER CQWWSSB
From: wb0o@metigoshe.ndak.net (Martha and Bill Straw)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 07:13:55 -0600
WB0O 10M SINGLE BAND HIGH POWER

357Q    27Z    77C  =3D  102,336    (12 Hours)

Ten Tec Omni VI+ , Alpha,  TH7 @ 50'

Comments:

        We had shimmering curtains of Aurora on Wednesday
night, and the sky was still glowing on Thursday night, so I
had minimal expectations for this test. Things turned out
as expected!
        I started out with an hour on 15 until it died, then went
to 20 for an hour until it went dead. When I went to 40, it was
wasted. A few Carribean stations, but certainly no EU, and
even the broadcast stations were only S-5. On 80, the GKY
beacon on 3615 was S-0 with the 4-square. Two hours into
the CQWWSSB and I might as well be working the Kazakh
2 meter Round-up QSO Party. I'm done for the night with
80 Q's.
       Up at sunrise, and no JA's on 40 or 80. I came back 2=20
hours later and 10M sounded good, so I stuck with it. Only
worked 4 EU stations, the final kick in the butt was when I
heard that stations 300 miles SE in Minnesota had a great
10M EU opening.
      357 QSO's:    N. America - 79
                              S. America - 174 with 80 LU's
                              EU - 4
                              Africa - 27 ( 5X, FH, TZ, 9G, etc)
                              Asia - 48
                              Oceana - 19

73,  Bill,  WB0O in Northern North Dakota
             (The closest station in the lower 48 states to the
               geomagnetic North Pole)